Contact me by email: email@example.com
First Class- Home Learning
Happy Easter holidays everyone! 🐣🐣 I hope that everyone is keeping well. I hope you all have a lovely Easter break with your family! Myself and Pauline miss you all very much and look forward to schools opening again!
I will not be putting up work for the next two weeks as it is now the Easter break. If you would like to email me the work you have completed or ask for the Seesaw code and upload work for me to see then please do that. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Week of 30/3/20
I hope that everyone is well. I have enclosed a list of suggested work activities to complete at home. Please complete as much as you can- I do not expect all the work to be done. I completely understand that it is not easy for children to settle down to do work at home.
I have enclosed different work activities- worksheets, printable games and websites. These can be printed off and completed or the answers can be written down in a copybook. You can also make your own word or sum games by writing out the games on paper or cardboard!
- Two Little Frogs: Unit 15 and 16 Read the story, answer questions, phonics work and grammar activity. This can be accessed through Folens online or I have enclosed a screenshot of the work below.
- Poem: A Spike of Green by Barbara Baker- Discuss: What is this poem about? What season do you think it might be? Why? How does this poem make you feel? Can you find any rhyming words in this poem? Can you think of any synonyms (words with the same meaning) for the words: old and small? Draw a picture to show what the poem is about. Learn one verse each night.
- Book Report: Write a book report on a book you have at home or from one of the stories you have read in your Two Little Frogs.
- My News template english_work_week_of_30th_march.docx
- Magic e with i and o worksheets i-e_book.pdf
- Word Bingo games bingo-_dolch_words.pdf
- Wordsearch activities easter_story_wordsearch.pdf
- Practise counting in 2’s, 10’s, and 5’s to 100. Use the 100 square attached to help you. 100_square.pdf
- Revise doubles e.g. 1+1=, 2+2=. Worksheet attached. doubles.docx
- Ordinal Numbers ice cream activity sheet ordinal_number_ice_cream_colouring_activity.pdf
- Hundred Square missing numbers sheet hundred_square_missing_no_sheet.pdf
- Calendar work calendar_work.pdf
- Maths Addition to 20 Game addition_bus_to_20.pdf
- Maths Addition to 30 Game addition-bus-to-30-board-game.pdf
- Practise the days of the week. Cén lá atá an inniu? Inniu an ___. (What day is it today? Today is___.)
- Cén sórt aimsir atá ann? Tá sé___ fuar/gaofar/scamallach/geal. (What is the weather like? It is __cold/windy/scamallach/bright.)
- Cad is ainm duit? ____ is ainm dom. (What is your name? My name is____.)
- Conas atá tú? Tá mé go maith. (How are you? I am good.)
- Cén rang ina bhfuil tú? Tá mé i rang a haon. (What class are you in? I am in first class.)
- I have attached Mo Leabhar M. Write the words and a sentence such as ‘Is maith liom milseán.’mo_leabhar_m.pdf
- I have attached some work on Éadaí- Clothes Éadaí_clothes_matching_and_drawing_activity.pdf and some work on Caitheamh Aimsire- Hobbies.bhí_na_páistí_ag_canadh.docx
- Bua na Cainte Songs and Poems are also attached. These are the songs and poems we have learned so far.irish_songs_and_poems.docx
- Easter cards easter_cartai.pdf
- Read about the Snail and fill in the blanks.
- Read the Farm words and write about what you know about the farm. This is revision work as we have already covered the topic.all_about_snails_and_farm_words_in_one_document.doc
- I have attached Australian animal colouring sheets. Before you begin, what can you remember about Australia? (Hint: Animals, Coral, Uluru, the differences between the wallaby and the kangaroo)australian_animals_colouring.pdf
- Go Noodle and Just Dance are great resources on YouTube.
- The Body Coach does live workouts for children on YouTube also.
- 10 at 10 is available through the RTE website.
- Try to go for a walk with your family but remember to stay safe.
- Interview each other: Ask someone in your family to interview you and then you interview them too! Read through your answers together. Questions to ask: What is your favourite food? What is your favourite film? What is your favourite colour? What is your favourite hobby? What makes you happy? What is your favourite thing to do with me?
- Listen to your favourite song. Think about: Is the music fast or slow? Is it quiet or loud? How does the music make you feel?
- YouTube the following songs: Yankee Doodle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XZQZ8KL3as
- I have enclosed a colour wheel template for mixing colours at home.colour_wheel.pdf
- Australian art: Crocodile craft- assemble the parts to make a crocodile.crocodile_craft.pdf
- Easter bunny easter_bunny.pdf
- Easter basket activity easter_basket.pdf
- Easter colouring sheets easter_colouring.pdf
Please remember there is no pressure to complete this work- this is just a guide so please have a look through the work and decide for yourself and your child.
Please email me if you have any questions or wish to join the Seesaw account I set up last week.
Stay safe everyone.
Week of 23/3/20
Work for home: I have created an email account which you can contact me on if you would like more work to keep your child busy. I will check it from Monday to Friday. If you are emailing me please let me know who is contacting me.
I will also set some activities for your child on an app called Seesaw. Please email me and I will send you a code to access the app. When you get the code, open the seesaw class app or go to https://app.seesaw.me on your computer. Then scan the code which I will have sent you via email. You will then be able to access some activities for your child to do for me to see!
Dear Parents and Children,
I hope that everyone is well. I have set up this page to provide support to parents on activities that can be done at home. I have sent home work packs with the children on Thursday 12/3/20. In this pack, I included English, Maths and SESE worksheets. I also provided names of websites which might be useful to you.
Please continue to revise sounds, tricky words and dolch words. Encourage your child to write their daily news and to write short stories also. Please encourage your child to read. Oxford Reading books can be accessed via the link at the bottom of this page. Please listen to your child reading and ask simple comprehension questions. E.g. Who are the characters in the story? What is the plot? What do you think will happen next? Does this story remind you of another story you have read? You can also access our class reading book ‘Two Little Frogs’ via the link and instructions below.
Practise counting to 100 forwards and backwards. Continue counting in 2s, 5s and 10s to 100 forwards and backwards. Please continue counting in 10s from 1-91 up to 10-100 forwards and backwards. Please practise simple addition and subtraction sums to 20 and beyond. Revise 2D shapes, 3D shapes and the time also. You can access our Busy at Maths book via the link and instructions below.
Please remain active during this time. You can access dance breaks on Go Noodle- YouTube or 10 at 10 on RTE. Please encourage drawing, colouring, painting and art activities also. Twinkl has a wide range of colouring sheets and art ideas.
I encourage you to break up the worksheets sent home and the activities mentioned here throughout the day if this is possible.
Here is a guide to websites where you can access school books.
Folens (Two Little Frogs Reading and Activity Book)
1. go to www.FolensOnline.ie and click register
2. Select Teacher
3. Fill in username, email and password
4. For Roll Number use the code: Prim20
CJFallon (Busy at Maths 1, Small World- First Class SESE Book)
1. Go to http://my.cjfallon.ie
2. Click Student Resources
3. Filter to the title you require, making sure ' Online Book' is selected under 'Resources'
Edco. (Bua na Cainte 1, Let’s Make Music 1&2)
1. Go to www.edcolearning.ie/login
2. Log in with username: primaryedcobooks
3. Password: edco2020
Twinkl are also offering free membership to all at the moment. It provides a wealth of resources and ideas across the curriculum with lots of worksheets that the children might enjoy.
1. Go to www.twinkl.ie/offer
2. Enter the code IRLTWINKLHELPS
Oxford Reading Tree ebooks
1. Go to www.oxfordowl.co.uk
2. click on Oxford Reading Tree ebooks
The children will be aware of the level that suits them
There are also lots of links on our school website to useful resources to keep you child engaged.
I will update this page next week. Stay safe.